Verdicts and Settlements Recent Results – Winning Cases for Clients throughout New York
The skilled attorneys at Worby Vecchio Edelman, LLP are renowned for achieving impressive results in high-profile personal injury cases. Our list of recent verdicts and settlements is a testament to our firm’s commitment to client satisfaction and service.
$4,250,000 settlement, before trial, for seat-belted driver of SUV which struck an overturned truck on highway at 5:00 am. The truck was not visible to the SUV driver. The truck driver had fallen asleep and overturned his truck. Our client suffered multiple orthopedic fractures, a traumatic brain injury, underwent several surgical procedures, and was permanently disabled from work.
Settlement during trial of $5,100,000 for front seat passenger in motor vehicle accident who suffered a significant head injury resulting in disabling deficits. Permissive use of the vehicle was strongly contested by the vehicle owner who claimed plaintiff was not wearing their seatbelt.
$8,000,000 settlement for a woman in her thirties who presented to an emergency room with a facial infection. The infection was not properly treated and the infection spread to her cervical spine and caused her to become quadriplegic. Hospital and doctors strongly contested that the infection could have been detected and/or treated.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- $2,581,741 awarded for reckless trooper causing fatal crash
- $14,596,343* to a boy hit by a van
- $2,451,033* in a truck crossover accident
- $2,435,967* for negligence by school bus and truck drivers
- $3,000,000 in a car and truck collision
- $72,500 for a fractured wrist injury resulting from an auto accident
- $20,000 for a pinky finger injury sustained in a car accident
Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
- $43,000,000* for the negligent delivery of a baby
- $9,262,794* for OB/GYN negligence
- $8,778,911* for hospital negligence in treating an auto accident fracture
- $1,675,000 for failure to treat a spinal infection
- $2,450,000* for improper catheter placement
- $7,181,700* for negligent treatment of a blood disorder
Construction Accidents / Premises Liability
- $7,900,000 to a laborer injured on a rooftop
- $4,675,000 in a scaffold accident
- $4,176,676* to a worker who fell off a roof
- $3,000,000 settlement for construction accident
- $2,400,000 to a carpenter injured at a construction site
- $85,000 for an elbow fracture caused by a slip on ice
- $66,000 for an ankle sprain due to an uneven elevator
Miscellaneous Personal Injury Cases
- $10,316,058* for improper roadway repair
- $7,172,017* for negligent daycare supervision
- $5,050,000 for unsafe design by an auto manufacturer
- $5,000,000 settlement for trip and fall accident
- $2,175,000 for defective design of salt spreader truck resulting in worker's death
- $85,000 for a scar resulting from a dog bite
- $60,000 for poor supervision of children at a school
Schedule A Consultation
Contact Worby Vecchio Edelman, LLP to schedule a consultation for any type of personal injury case. Our experienced lawyers can help ensure you obtain the compensation you deserve.
*Expected lifetime payout
Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.